Thursday, October 16, 2014

Not My Fing

L:  Momma, are we goin' to chuch tonight?
Me:  No, today is Tuesday and church is on Wednesday which is tomorrow.
L:  Good.  I'm gwad it's not a chuch night.
Me:  Why, L?  You love your Bible class.
L:  Yeah, but it's jus not my fing.

After a lengthy discussion of each of his Bible classes-Wednesday night, Sunday morning, and even Bible study on Thursday mornings-he could give no reason for it not being his "fing,"
 and he agreed he enjoys each class, his teachers, and his friends.  Who knows and I'll continue to probe a bit.

I hadn't had time to fill Hots in on the conversation when L volunteered to say the blessing at supper.

L:  Dee-uh God, tank you fo Momma and Daddy and Jack and Sistuh Sadie and tank you that we ah-wuh not goin' to chuch tonight since it's jus not my fing.  In yo-uh name, Amen.
B:  Why are you thankful we're not going to church tonight, L?
L:  (hands shoulder height, palms up)  It's jus not my fing.
B:  It's not?L:  No, it's jus not.

We're thinking he heard someone say, "That's just not my thing," and is trying it out.

We are SO blessed by each of his teachers and they do a fantastic job teaching L.  :)

The End of the Story (Hopefully!):
He practically skipped into his class Wednesday night-as usual-and was so excited to show me his craft and tell me about the burning bush when I picked him up.

No comments: