Hots took the boys deer hunting (L's first "dee-uh" hunt, J's second) on Sunday evening. I hardly knew what to do with myself!
Then I remembered the whole yard needed weed-eating. Since I'm very religious about my Sunday afternoon nap I went ahead and got that out of the way first. Before I headed outside I checked my phone and had this text:"...it will be 3-4 years before I could even consider taking them to S. TX to hunt" followed by "still & quiet are just not part of their short term memory."
This news was the opposite of shocking to me since the only time they're quiet and still is when they're asleep. :)
Some of the activities in the stand included, but were not limited to, boot shuffling, stand wall kicking, chair scooting, and whispering, all of which Hots said they did very well. One out of four is not too shabby!
My Guys
All 3 had a great time, though, and I'm SO thankful my man puts forth the effort to spend time with the boys this way. I have wonderful memories of hunting with my dad when I was a kid and know the boys will treasure theirs. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment