Saturday, July 6, 2013

Putting Up Tomatoes

Hots had a double header tonight and I decided there was no better time to put up tomatoes.  Lots and lots and lots of tomatoes.

A few years ago I'd never put up tomatoes, but wanted to try it.  I visited with B's sweet grandparents and they gave me all sorts of tips-explained the whole process, basically-and I have been putting up tomatoes according to their advice every year since.  Sweet memory and I couldn't be happier to carry on the tradition.  :)

Here's what my kitchen looks like when I'm putting up tomatoes.  It was best that the kids were in bed and Hots was away because it's NOT pretty.  But it is satisfying and we'll enjoy those tomatoes all year.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful grandparents all the way around and love the idea of them passing along this type of wisdom-Thank you, Nonnie & Grandmama, for those lessons in putting up peaches!  What a treasure.  :)

No comments: