Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Sweet Jack!

Then...


 ...and Now


             These last 4 years have, by far, been the fastest in my life.  What a joy sweet J has been to our family!  Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the gift of being his mom.  :)

             We had originally planned to go to the Peters' the morning of his birthday to ride horses (and had talked it up for 2 whole weeks!), but when the weather began to look iffy mid-week, I had a discussion with J.

Me:  J, it looks like it will probably rain on Saturday, so I don't think we'll be able to ride horses for your birthday.  Is there something else you would like to do instead?
J:  (matter of factly & with no disappointment in his little voice)  I fink I would wike to go to McDonald's and I would wike for my bess frin Nay-fen to go, too.

             Well that was easy!  Fortunately the Spences were happy to oblige and we met them at McD's to play and eat.  They even went with us to my grandparents' afterward for cake.  Thanks, Spence fam!

             While we were setting up the tables outside at Grandmama's, J disappeared.  I found him around the corner sitting with his new friend, Ms. Sharp.  She was rocking him and telling him all about birds.  Just like his daddy, J never meets a stranger.  :)


Cake time!  (That's 'Nay-fen' on the R.)



Little Brothers, L & Jacob (saying, "cheese")


           Grandmama had those party favors for the boys that you blow and they roll out.  J showing Kaydie how his works.  Right in her face.




Grandpapa, Cole, and Grandmama
(We were so happy C joined us!  Thanks for the awesome remote control stunt car, C!)


Kaydie got J this pool, so we tried it out after nap time.  Definitely a hit!


Then the sun went down.



About J on his 4th Birthday:
-Height:  42.75 in
-Weight:  36.5 lbs
-You're into roping, playing outside, hunting animals and bad guys (with guns, of course!), reading Bible stories, playing with your friends, and are full-force into super heroes; specifically Batman.
-You are so sweet to your little brother and he absolutely adores you.  This one makes my heart so happy.  :)  At the grocery store today (in the little car cart on the front of the basket) I saw you put your arm around L's neck, pull him close, and give him a kiss.  I'll admit I was a little on edge watching it unfold!
-You are a wild man, but at the same time you are easy-going and up for pretty much anything.  I LOVE your energy and excitement!
-Your sense of humor is FANTASTIC!  You keep us laughing.  :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that sweet boy! He is such a wonderful addition to our family :)