Last night we played outside. I weeded the front flowerbed while B replaced a light fixture out front. The boys played under one of our trees with the water hose until they were bored, soaked, and ready for something else.
So they sprayed me 6 times. When I asked them to stop, they went to 'help' B with his electrical work. For some reason he thought it best for them not to be involved with this project, being wet, and all. Or was it b/c they're toddlers? Anyway, they were already under his feet in the flowerbed by this time.
In the process of him herding them out, L was viciously attacked by a "red wasp or yellow jacket or something." (Thanks for the specifics on that one, B.) It stung him right on his sweet little baby head. :(
I looked up when I heard him crying to see the poor guy frantically rubbing his head with his right hand. I took him inside and put him in the tub.
Fortunately he was pretty much fine within 30 seconds of entering the tub. I still kissed and coddled him b/c I needed to. :)
After bath time, puzzle-working, teeth-brushing, and having a drink (the boys, not B & me), but before prayer time, J was not ready for bed. B & I were really ready for the boys to go to bed, as it was almost 9:00.
J ran to our back window, pressed himself up against it in the most dramatic way, and pleaded, "Don't go down, sun! Don't go down, sun!" about 10 times.
Included in his prayer: "Please give us more daylight, God."
I chased that with a prayer of thanks for nighttime. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment