The first time he took a few crawling steps while playing on the floor in his room I briefly considered ways to undermine his reaching this new milestone. Alas, I did the right thing and cheered the boy on. He was so proud of himself! It was written all over his face; a full, open-mouthed, toothless smile, complete with those yummy baby sounds (including at least one squeal!). Man I love that little boy!
Oh, wait! When I started this post Luke didn't have a tooth in his mouth-just last week-and he now has a bottom tooth!!! Brian found it on Thursday night, July 22nd. If you look very closely in the pic above, you can see a little bit of white, which is his bottom right tooth.
Also important to note that while at my grandparents' house last week he proudly showed off his ability to go from lying flat on his back to sitting up all by himself.
He is still a bit of a Momma's Boy, which I LOVE. (No worries-I promise to let go before he reaches dating age; somewhere around 30 or so.)
He squeals and flaps his arms and kicks his feet when Jack comes in to the room. I'd have to say that, next to me, Jack is his favorite person. Love, love, love watching them play together. Yesterday afternoon they played for almost 2 hours all by themselves!
Last week his menu also grew with the addition of both sandwich meat (ham) and scrambled eggs. Also new: animal crackers. Oh, the mess! I'd forgotten how messy babies are compared to toddlers. Although I've never considered Jack to be a neat eater, he's looking almost squeaky clean next to Luke these days. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment