Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

We had a great time in Whitehouse with my mom and sister for Easter. This is the best pic I got since it was dark and pouring rain Sunday morning. Saturday was beautiful, so I later thought we should have staged our Easter pics the day before. Something to keep in mind in case of another rainy holiday.




Mr. McFadden is a very special friend from our church back home. We first met when I was 4 years old and immediately took to each other. Each Sunday as I entered the sanctuary he discreetly handed me my own package of candy (and I mean the good stuff!). We've kept in touch since I moved out of town and both Mr. McFadden and his sweet wife, Mrs. McFadden, have been so interested in Jack.


Jack bonding with Mr. McFadden. :)

Each year, for at least the last 25, they have hosted an Easter egg hunt for the kids of our church...plus a few extras. It began on their lawn and their neighbors' lawns which were borrowed to make enough room for a BIG egg hunt. In recent years a traditional Baptist potluck has been added. I must say, there's nothing like it and I had forgotten how badly I missed my Baptist potlucks! Serious fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fabulous desserts, sweet tea...I must move on.

Due to the inclement weather, the hunt was moved to the church this year. What fun we all had! Jack enjoyed hunting eggs that "big" kids helped him find. Okay, he mostly enjoyed removing the eggs and the grass from his basket. Anyway, we got a couple of good pics then handed the eggs over to the kids who would appreciate them.







Here is Jack's Easter bucket from the McFadden's. This is new to the game since my childhood and Jack loved removing each item from his bucket.

2 comments:

daddyO and honey said...

i love the pictures. hated we didn't connect during the weekend.

Sara Nickson said...

I just found you! What a handsome boy on Easter! He's adorable!